Well, decide to trek down to the hatchery pool. It's not a long distant walk, but with 2ft of snow it was like trying to climb mount everrest. When I got there someone was already there!!! I was only able to go for a couple of hours and got skunked. I saw one fish and that was it.
I was suprised to see some insect activities, a very small stone fly which I couldn't get a picture of. and this caddis. I also saw a red robin picking off bugs along the water's edge, very good sign. unfortunately I didn't stay long enough to see if more were hatching and if the fishes were on them.
I wish I had gone to the Y pool, but you never know...
went home and tied this #26 stonefly. not sure if some has already created this, but I just pull the idea out of my head.
hook: #26 dryfly hook
body: black thread 14/0
hackle: dark dun
antenna/tail: 2 stran of pheasant tail fiber
wing: CDC natural color


No comments:
Post a Comment